Hillcrest Reunion

Had such a great time at the reunion.  Can't hardly sit still this morning!  I told Papito, "Sit right here. Let me TEACH you some history.  Listen to this!  This is called a RECORD."  

Papito is trying not to laugh as I click play on Youtube.  

"Now listen here, Papito.  And Vic, sientate tu tambien."  

So they listen to THIS...


You love to hear the story, again and again 
Of how it all got started way back when
The monument is right in your face
Sit and listen for a while to the name of the place

---> WHATS THE NAME OF THE PLACE PAPITO?
->Papito: The BRIDGE
--->and thats where?
-> QUEENS 

Vic turns his lips up like -WHATEVER

Youtube:

Hip hop was set out in the dark
They used to do it out in the park
....
They used to jam in the center
You had to pay so you could enter
Go to the door, get frisked
Just in order to get in
And if you wasn't from this town
Then you couldn't fight and win

But everytime they had a jam
They couldn't get no peace
So that's why the jams out there
In the parks, they had to cease
Cause you was in

"The BRIDGE"
"Queensbridge"


Me: OK and then after this came these cats right here...
VIC: KRS-One

Youtube plays:

I say, the bridge is over, the bridge is over, biddy, bye, bye
The bridge is over, the bridge is over, hey, hey...

Sayin' hip-hop started out in Queensbridge
Sayin' lies like that, mon, you know dem can't live

So I, tell them again, me come to tell them again, gwan
Tell them again, me come to tell them again
...

Manhattan keeps on makin' it
Brooklyn keeps on takin' it
Bronx keeps creatin' it
And Queens keeps on fakin' it


Read more: KRS One - Bridge Is Over Lyrics | MetroLyrics 


Me: see but all I say to say is this... LL, Salt N Pepa, Nas....

Vic gave me a side look.

Papito:  Heylow!?!  RUN DMC!!!

Now it was my turn to to give Vic that look and say: This is MY son!


#queens4life #hillcrestreunion 






Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest LinkedIn StumbleUpon Email


free web stats

Comments