My NOTORIETY


I remember I graduated from College and I was so happy!  surely Grandmita will be so very proud of me!

Her reaction:  ¡Eso no es nada!   Ahora tienes que ¡consequir un trabajo!

I remember when I was accepted to law school.  surely Grandmita will be so very proud of me!

Her reaction:  Ahora tienes que ¡graduarte de esa escuela!

I remember when I graduated from law school.  surely Grandmita will be so very proud of me!

Her reaction:  Lo más difícil es ahora que tienes que ¡conseguir un trabajo!

I remember when I finally found a job as a lawyer!  boy oh boy! THIS IS IT!

surely Grandmita will be so very proud of me!

Her reaction:  Pero eso no es ser un abogado de verdad... es como un aprendizaje.  Todavia tienes que aprender!


Very well then.  I'm not a real lawyer.  I'm more of an apprentice in her eyes.  fine.

I remember I opened my own little law office.  One day I came home after an extremely slow day at the office and I said to Grandmita:

"Un díbien lento en la oficina..."

She was washing dishes, I remember.  She said over the clatter of the running water against the dishes.  "¿Qué?  ¿Cómo fue?"

"Pues... nada.... que pasé un día bien lento en la oficina....."

"¿oh sí?"  - as she continues washing the dishes.

"Yeah, Grandmita.  Hoy vino un cliente y le notarize unos papeles."

Grandmita almost drops the glass she's washing and turns off the water and dries her hands quickly.  "¡¿Q?!"  she exclaims incredulously.

I wasn't sure what she heard, so I repeated, "Yeah, Grandmita, notarizé unos papeles hoy...."

She clasps her hands together as if in prayer and looks up towards the heavens!

"¿¿¿Tú eres notario???"

"Sí, soy notario.... "

Ay Virgen!  ¡¡¡Mi nena es notario!!!  ¡Que  increible!  ¡¡¡Gracias a Dios y a la Virgen y a todos los Santos!!!"

"What!"

"Ayyy!  Tengo que llamar a toda la familia.  Mi nena -¡¡¡ un notario!!!"

My Grandma has never been prouder of me in all my life!


That is my NOTORIETY- or should i say NOTARIETY!


#reasonwhyineedtherapy  #myfamilykeepsmegrounded






Comments