Chinese Tacos?

Mexican foods are slowly popping up at fast food Chinese restaurants. Sure they have 2 different menus - the chinese one and the mexican one. But I still can't get over ordering a chicken fajita from el chino!

Seems like I'm not the only one that thinks so! Two Taco Bells in Shanghai closed earlier this year. The idea was "little rice and no beans", less spicy to accomodate the Chinese palate, and let's add sombreros to the waitresses. meandchairmanmao.com explains it best:

No my friends-- or should I say amigos?--
this is not the Taco Bell you are used to.
Here in China, it's a bit more upscale:
it's actually a sit-down restaurant with menus
instead of a reader board;
nice chairs and tables instead of easy-to-clean
but incredibly uncomfortable plastic booths ...
All that, plus free chips and salsa. ...
When it was all said and done,
I would have rather had a soft-taco supreme.

Sadly, that wasn't on the menu.

Read more at www.LaDivaLatina.com


Comments