Record-breaking Mariah Carey Reclaiming Her Latina-ness





Mariah Carey newest CD E=MC2
started like only a DIVA can -
with a record -breaking hit single.
Touch My Body is Mariah's 18th chart-topper
breaking Elvis Presley's record for the most No. 1 singles
on the Billboard Hot 100 for a solo artist.

In that record breaking song
Mariah sends a gentle reminder of her Latinidad.
Her lyrics say:
I want you to caress me
Like a tropical breeze
And float away with you
In my Caribbean Sea

Mariah's second release for E=MC2
is a song dedicated to her Venezuelan father "Bye Bye"
which she performed on American Idol.

If you're still not convinced of mariah's pride in being Latina,
here is what she said about breaking Elvis' record:

For me, in my mind the accomplishment
is just that much sweeter," she said.
"In terms of my ethnicity, always feeling like an outsider,
always feeling different ... for me it's about saying,
'Thank you Lord, for giving me the faith
to believe in myself when other people had written me off.' "


Read more at www.LaDivaLatina.com

Comments

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Transplante de Cabelo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://transplante-de-cabelo.blogspot.com. A hug.