Ya Jenny Llego!


In one of the video montages while she did a quick costume change, a little girl is playing dress up and JLo's voice-over says she remembers watching old movies with her mother and she came out and sang 2 ballads: "Do You Know Where You're Going To" from the Diana Ross' "Mahogany", and the other from no other than the incomparable  Barbra Streisand: "My Man" from "Funny Girl."  That is barrio balls! to go up there and even attempt to sing anything from Barbra Streisand!  But this is Jennifer Lopez and she can do it all!

The third ballad in a row was Selena's "No Me Queda Mas", where she was teary-eyed and at
the edge of the stage belting out:  Y aunque vivo enamorada y totalmente equivocada, no me IMPORRRRRRTAAAAAAA






She also brought up on stage French Montana for her song I Luh Ya Papi, telling the loving crowd to hold their Papi! French Montana then sang a snippet of his "Ain't Worried Bout Nuthin", while she did a quick costume change.  Whew!  She was on the move.  Never a time when she was not working it!

The best part, for me at least, was when Fat Joe came out and they sang together and then he did a quick snippet of "Lean back"!  I'm telling you, the crowd was exalted!  I usually take so many pictures but I was so entranced in the moment that I forgot about time and place as I leaned back, ...Lean Back... !!!

The concert ended with back to back JLo dance songs with all dance and the highest energy you can imagine.  I don't know how she manged to pull it off!  She went from Let's Get Loud, to Goin In, to On The Floor.  Baila, que baila, que baila!

She ended it with a quick version, or maybe I wish it was an extended version!, of Jenny from the Block! with the lyrics emblazoned on the stage... Don't be fooled by the rocks that I've got.... I'm just JENNY FROM THE BLOCK!  Ya Jenny llego!!!  ..... Y se fue!

And so I remember when J-Lo first came with the Selena movie and I took my grandmother to the movie and was in awe of her then!  And today there she was!  Yeah.  It was a great evening.  The weather was perfect.  The crowd was full of love. I won these tickets. What can be better?  WHAT can be better!  I'll tell you....



Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest LinkedIn StumbleUpon Email


free web stats

Comments