Ceniza de Italia

Sottocenere 

so its been almost a week "camping out" at moms with my sis and her fam and me and my fam and - ya tu sabes! so now ppl are putting aside their niceties...



so my sis MissyFoo decided to have her usual breakfast - fit for kings! of course

cheese imported from ITALY., or should i say - ITALIA


so Vic, walks into the kitchen and sees ...pan y queso...

Vic: oh-oh! desayuno con pan y queso! mi
favorito!


as he reaches over MissyFoo blocks him: no, no. THIS is imported from ITALIA. [accentuating the foreign-ness of ITALY.]



Vic: no me digas?



MissyFoo: yes. its very ... delicado.  [accentuating her lingusitic prowess] You may take a tiny sliver. [over-pronouncing the L, the V , and the R]



Vic: 0--0

MissyFoo: (beeming! she is in her element) this is called .... Sottocenere [sounding very ITALIA]

Vic: so-to- QUE?

MissyFoo: Tisk, Tisk.  Let me explain... you see, this cheese here is made, well, the outer rind is made from volcanic ashes from the volcanos of ITALIA.  originally it was from Mount Vesuvius. {as if we chould all know where Vesuvius is]

Vic: cenizas de volcan?  i lost my appetite.






Here are more blog posts about FOOD with an unexpected funny twist like to the story.... enjoy!











Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest LinkedIn StumbleUpon Email














free web stats