Doing Homework - WITHOUT the internet - GASP!

Papito wants to get on the internet.

me:  for what?

P:  i gotta do my homework, mami!  i'm supposed to look up the record breaking temperature for New York.

me:  oh?  is that all?  that's EASY!  call Tio.  he knows.

P:  he does!?!  how would he know that?

me:  cuz he's a walking encyclopedia!

P:  a walking what?

me:  never mind that!  call him u'll see! .......




and so he called Tio and bam!  Tio told him the record high AND the record low for New York, New Jersey, AND Connecticut.

you know papito, the internet doesnt have ALL the answers.  like for example your Math homework, my cousin in Puerto Rico is a math teacher, you can call her.

Science?  well, MissyFoo's husband was a science teacher before he ran the whole science department.

see?  these are all RESOURCES you can use.

Puchi chimes in- hey mami, how about a calculator?  this question here says: 5238 divided by 194.

me:  easy!  you can call Grandpaw.  he's a master at doing that right in his head!

she didnt believe me and so she called him and he said:  hmmm 5238 divided by 194.  Facil!  that would be ... yes... that would be 27.

BAM!  2 seconds flat he blurted out the answer.

Puchi then tells me:  ok well, my socials studies teacher told us to call our grandmothers with today's homework.  it's about our cultures. I'm supposed to write what is the puerto rican typical music, food, dress, and so on.  pass me your phone so i can call Grandma.

She calls:  hi, Grandma?  yes.  i need help with my homework.  well.... tengo una asignacion que me pregunta por ejemplo cuales son las comidas tipicas de puerto rico.....

Puchi looks perplexed and says:  ok never mind and hangs up.

me:  whatd she say?

Puchi:  she said:  'what, what, what?'

me:  sorry.  GringaMom wouldnt have a clue.  you'd probably be better off with Google than with calling GringaMom about that homework dear.  ummmm sorry!








Comments