From the BUS to the BENZ


2010 was the year i got the BENZ!  wow!  seems like yesterday.... where does the time go!  that damn benz changed my life!  it really did!  people treat me differently.  friends and strangers alike....




i remember strangers.... 


like i went thru the drive thru and ordered a mchicken and a mccafe and he was waiting for  me to pay him. i was looking thru my purse and thru the car and i said:  sorry:  its these 27 cents that kills me... as in ha! ha!  funny right?  usu i would get a laugh .  he just looked at me like: WHATEVER.  then i realized- gasp!  im driving a benz so he could give a damn if im looking for spare change.  if only he knew... im one of him!  just yesterday i was on the bus!

how bout the time we went to home depot... we needed an AC and so we drove in and Vic from the car window calls out to the guys outside home depot and asks one of them- Cuanto para que me ayuden instalar un aire condicionado?

the dude said without flinching some astronomical number and Vic was like "OH-OH!  y por que tanto?!"
so vic tellls him- that we will go buy the AC and get back to him.  so we park and we walk in and we are still talking about why he wanted so much just to install the AC? then it hit me!  "VIC!  u asked him with your head sticking out the window of a BENZ.  yeah.... thats why!  we should come back in your car."



and then there were my friends... 





asking me for stuff and then finally i told one of them, "what?  i cant?  i dont have the money for that."  and she says incredulously, "but you drive a benz."

oh!  no wonder everyone is hitting me up for money. instead of looking at it like - congrats and you must be working real hard, its more like how DARE you!?!

how about a client that owed me money and i called him on it, he came all out of his face and said to me that anyway i dont need the money cuz i drive a benz!  oh boy did i ever rip into him!  i said, "como te atreves, senor?  cuando vas a ver un doctor, tu le vas a ver que tipo de carro el tiene?  y no le vas a pagar al doctor si el tuviere un mercedes?  no senor!  NO!  yo merezco mi mercedes benz por que yo trabaje mucho para eso!  yo me sacrifique!"  he didnt pay me but - it taught me a lesson.

the biggest lesson that cut to my heart was when i had problems with my health insurance.  the increase was going to be a 40% increase!  what are they out their minds?!  i was so ovewhelmed that that was all i talked about . if i saw u during that time i told you about it.  HOW AM I GOING TO PAY SO MUCH FOR HEALTH INSURANCE?

the answer i got from more than one friend.... smh.  still hurts me.  but i will blog about it so you can understand...

the answer was: well apply for medicaid.

huh?  u know what?  do u not KNOW me?  im a LAWYER!  [stutter, stutter]  u know what!!!  as a matter of fact - forget about all the hard work i went thru to get to where i am... how would you feel knowing that a LAWYER is on medicaid?  that should piss you the ^&** off!!!  its insane that you would tell someone that drives a benz to get on medicaid, like if it was candy!

i didnt stop there.  i said... i dont know where the medicaid office IS!  and i dont wanna know.  why dont you tell me where NASDAQ is?  Do you know?  huh? do you?!!!

oh boy - it was bad.  real bad.  but i had just about enuf.

then i said---  i would rather SELL THE  &^%ing BENZ then get on medicaid.  there aint nothing wrong with my feet! i can WALK! and i aint walking to the medicaid office. no siree!  ill walk to the benz dealer and return the car and PAY FOR MY OWN DAMN INSURANCE!

yeah... i was a little P.O'ed.

it was nice knowing her....as if she didnt know that i went from the bus directly to the benz!  WTF!

i did btw, for those reading this that dont know .  i didnt have ANY car.  i took the bus with the kids in tow.  or put the kids inside the shopping carrito and pushed them down the avenue.  i went straight from the MTA BUS to the benz.

BTW... i didnt return the benz AND i paid for my health insurance.  i struggled just like i did before the benz.  and now the lease is going to be up and i think i will return it.   too much drama!  SMH!  we will see.... maybe ill win a big case and can keep it.  either way- it doesnt define me but it seems to quite deftly define who my friends are.


as oprah said:

"Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down."