Venezuelan Government CANCELS Alejandro Sanz Concert


14-time Latin Grammy Award winner, Alejandro Sanz,
is quoted as saying "I don't like President Chávez",
at a February 2004 concert in Caracas, Venezuela.
Then again in "El Tren de los Momentos" tour stop
in the Dominican Republic, just a few weeks ago,
Sanz said:
"I don't like that form [of governing] because it indicates
that anyone that has an opinion different than his
is silenced....But I believe I have a right to my opinion."

Well, the Venezuelan government has canceled
2 of his sold out concerts.

More than 80 celebrities have signed a statement
supporting Spanish singer Alejandro Sanz
including Shakira, Ricky Martin, Jennifer Lopez,
Marc Anthony, Penelope Cruz and even
soccer star David Beckham. It said:
"We believe in a Latin America
where we are all free to express our views."

Read more at http://www.ladivalatina.com/


Comments

Liana said…
Well written article.