In Response to Alicia Keys "Do you" #nomakeup Movement

If anything identifies us more than race I dare say it's our hair.

Especially since we can cut it, crimp it, dye it and make it look so many different ways!

Make up is one thing, but hair?  That's more personal.

But if you are on the Alicia Keys #nomakeup kick, that's fine but, you still have to deal with your hair!   Although it looks like Alicia Keys is giving up on that too? 

Alicia Keys explains her #nomakeup movement in her Lenny Letter.  She says: 


I don't want to cover up anymore. Not my face, not my mind, not my soul, not my thoughts, not my dreams, not my struggles, not my emotional growth. Nothing.


Alicia Keys also tweeted to respond to her #nomakeup kick:


Y'all, me choosing to be makeup free doesn't mean I'm anti-makeup. Do you! 😘😘


My response to Alicia Keys and the #nomakeup madness is:

I understand wanting a 'fresh face' because you're 'naturally beautiful', 'born beautiful', you
are "beautiful from the inside out".  I can understand that.  I can even understand wrapping your hair up because of a bad hair day or because you woke up late, or because you actually love those large hair wraps.  But what about your NAILS?  Can we get Alicia Keys to paint her nails?  

I just want to tell Alicia Keys: Hey, girl... PAINT your nails!  A fresh coat of polish is all magic!  It's a mood lifter.  It's easy!  It's fun!  Painted nails are everything!  Add some color to your life! Painted nails don't 'hide' the real you.  It's just a splash of color!  Let's say a bright fire engine RED!  Then we can really say, hey Alicia Keys- that girl is on FIRE!  


So I just really wanna say to Alicia Keys: 

Hey Alicia - Do your nails! 😘😘





Comments